All tagged 1099-MISC

Self Employment Taxes: Why You Need a Personal CFO

If you run your own business, whether as an entity registered with your state or as an informal sole proprietorship, you must pay self-employment tax on at least a portion of the business income. Self-employment income drives up your tax bill, but you can reduce—or even eliminate—it. Read on to find out more about self-employment tax.